• Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
April 15, 2021, 10:24:29 AM

News:

Welcome! Please pardon the dust as we work to set the site up again :)


Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2021, 10:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Shoutbox

Apr 14 2021 10:09am
Tuxedo Mark: If a comic shop still exists in your area, the Riverdale OGN, The Ties That Bind, is released in the Direct Market today.

Apr 11 2021 12:38pm
Tuxedo Mark: 20th anniversary reunion chat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G08jwulB724

Apr 11 2021 9:26am
Tuxedo Mark: Happy Josie Day! Everyone have a jerkin' time! :)

Apr 09 2021 12:21pm
Tuxedo Mark: Nice interview with Tara Reid about Josie and the Pussycats and her career in general: https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/20-years-after-josie-the-pussycats-tara-reid-wouldn-t-change-a-thing/ar-BB1ftDxp?ocid=msedgntp#image=1

Apr 04 2021 1:47am
TeamBlossom: And I realized it's been a little over five years since I registered.

Apr 03 2021 5:54pm
Tuxedo Mark: My review of the Josie and the Pussycats 2001 movie soundtrack album: https://riverdalereviewed.com/2021/04/03/josie-and-the-pussycats-music-from-the-motion-picture/

Apr 01 2021 10:29am
DeCarlo Rules: I think you can take it as a given that there's no happy ending to Afterlife With Archie, and there's no real conclusion short of "everyone dies". The good guys do not win.; there is no cure for zombies.

Mar 29 2021 4:12pm
DeCarlo Rules:  I couldn't help notice that ACP seems to be focusing on Classic Archie again, now that they're reduced to nothing but the ongoing digests and one-shots.

Mar 29 2021 4:08pm
DeCarlo Rules: @Hanna Barbera Montana -- Not by Roberto Aguirre Sacasa and Francesco Francavilla, I think... and what would be the point of someone else continuing it?

Mar 29 2021 12:23am
Hanna Barbera Montana: Will Afterlife with Archie ever be completed? That's always been in the back of my mind.

Preview: Jughead #7

Started by nuageo, June 10, 2016, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuageo

I like the art of Derek Charm in this Jughead #7.  :smitten:













Archie Comics Collector(Kalell)

June 10, 2016, 05:45:00 PM #1 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:54:19 PM by Archie Comics Collector
I absolutely love Derek Charm! He embodies what makes classic Archie so great, something Ericka Henderson never could. This is classic Archie! Look at the details, the way the characters are done and so many other fine details. I hope he continues on Jughead for a long time.  He also makes Jughead and Archie look very sexy and hot!!!!! He makes my Kevin look very hot as well!

BettyReggie

It's looks great, it's so colorful. I can't wait to get my copies & my digital copy.

irishmoxie

Yay a summer fun story! I'll definitely be reading this.

BettyReggie

Jughead actually looks cute . I hope Derek Charm stays the artist for the book.

DeCarlo Rules

Jughead's Uncle Herman owns a novelty shop now, huh? I wonder whether it's THIS Uncle Herman,

Or the OTHER Uncle Herman??

BettyReggie

June 11, 2016, 08:13:44 AM #6 Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:32:49 AM by BettyReggie
I think Jughead means the Uncle Herman from the 40's. He seemed really crazy. He made a lot of inventions.

invisifan

If we ever see him the hair should be a dead giveaway ...  ;D

Thrillho

Quote from: BettyReggie on June 10, 2016, 10:01:29 PM
Jughead actually looks cute . I hope Derek Charm stays the artist for the book.

I know!  :smitten: While Erica Henderson is a technically proficient artist, her style was not my thing and part of it was that the gang wasn't as attractive as I thought they should be.

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 11, 2016, 03:34:31 AM
Jughead's Uncle Herman owns a novelty shop now, huh? I wonder whether it's THIS Uncle Herman,

Or the OTHER Uncle Herman??


Are there two Uncle Herman's? One from Gladys and one from Forsythe II? I'm always creeped out when I see Jughead's parents in older stories, they look so much a like, one would think Jughead was a product of incest.

daren

I think they might be cousins.

DeCarlo Rules

June 13, 2016, 03:37:19 AM #10 Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:39:52 AM by DeCarlo Rules
Quote from: daren on June 13, 2016, 12:44:52 AM
I think they might be cousins.

Uncle Herman Jones (wacky inventor) is the brother of Forsythe II.

Bingo Wilkin's Uncle Herman (ex-professional baseball player) is the brother of Wilma Wilkin and Gladys Jones, which also makes him Jughead's uncle. Bingo Wilkin is Jughead's cousin.

BettyReggie

I hope Bingo is in this reboot of Jughead. And what about Ethel? She has been MIA. I only saw her in one of new Archie issues. She was in crowd in the lunchroom. I hope we see Jellybean too. And what Jughead's Rival Trula Tywst. I miss them fighting.   

Thrillho

Quote from: BettyReggie on June 13, 2016, 05:25:20 AM
I hope Bingo is in this reboot of Jughead. And what about Ethel? She has been MIA. I only saw her in one of new Archie issues. She was in crowd in the lunchroom. I hope we see Jellybean too. And what Jughead's Rival Trula Tywst. I miss them fighting.

I'm kind of meh on Ethel/Jughead. I like Ethel but I think her devotion is wasted on Jughead and it gets tiresome, and now that there is no ambiguity about Jughead's sexuality, it's unlikely anything will come of it.

Trula would be interesting though. Those two were always fun regardless of any romantic inclinations on their parts.

DeCarlo Rules

I had a few additional thoughts about this issue. While Derek Charm's artwork (which I'd been looking forward to seeing) made it the most artistically pleasing issue so far, I was left with a feeling of being underwhelmed, because of all the individual issues, it felt the least satisfactory to me as far as the writing was concerned.

One of the things I'd liked about the previous issues (but the artwork was turning me off to the series otherwise) was that it was kind of written like a modern update of JUGHEAD'S FANTASY, incorporating the bits with Jughead's video game episodes, Jughead's Time Police, the Man From R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E., and Captain Hero and the superteens into that framework. That fantasy/weird angle helped make up for what I felt was lacking in comedy, largely due to the decompressed storytelling.

What I DIDN'T like about #7 was that it was sort of ho-hum as far as the plot was concerned. Although there was a BIT of weirdness with the Mantle family of clones, mostly this issue's story struck me as though it was a standard 5-pager that had been expanded to fit an entire issue. The plot was pretty bare and uninteresting, and not much happened. Squished down into a 5-page story, it might have worked, but the expansion to fill an entire issue just resulted in padding the plot with teen angst, and destroyed whatever comedic timing it would have had as a compressed 5-pager.

I'm guessing that the people that liked it most, liked it because of the co-starring appearance of Archie, and the fact that this was probably the single issue that most felt like it fit into the universe of New Riverdale -- in other words, the people that liked it most were those people who are already extremely happy with the way the new Archie title is going.

I'm hoping the fantasy/weirdness returns along with Sabrina in issue #8.

spazaru

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 30, 2016, 05:32:25 AM
I had a few additional thoughts about this issue. While Derek Charm's artwork (which I'd been looking forward to seeing) made it the most artistically pleasing issue so far, I was left with a feeling of being underwhelmed, because of all the individual issues, it felt the least satisfactory to me as far as the writing was concerned.

One of the things I'd liked about the previous issues (but the artwork was turning me off to the series otherwise) was that it was kind of written like a modern update of JUGHEAD'S FANTASY, incorporating the bits with Jughead's video game episodes, Jughead's Time Police, the Man From R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E., and Captain Hero and the superteens into that framework. That fantasy/weird angle helped make up for what I felt was lacking in comedy, largely due to the decompressed storytelling.

What I DIDN'T like about #7 was that it was sort of ho-hum as far as the plot was concerned. Although there was a BIT of weirdness with the Mantle family of clones, mostly this issue's story struck me as though it was a standard 5-pager that had been expanded to fit an entire issue. The plot was pretty bare and uninteresting, and not much happened. Squished down into a 5-page story, it might have worked, but the expansion to fill an entire issue just resulted in padding the plot with teen angst, and destroyed whatever comedic timing it would have had as a compressed 5-pager.

I'm guessing that the people that liked it most, liked it because of the co-starring appearance of Archie, and the fact that this was probably the single issue that most felt like it fit into the universe of New Riverdale -- in other words, the people that liked it most were those people who are already extremely happy with the way the new Archie title is going.

I'm hoping the fantasy/weirdness returns along with Sabrina in issue #8.


I liked it most because of Archie's bangs.  Those were totally on point.

The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.