News:

We're back! Unfortunately all data was lost. Please re-register to continue posting!

Main Menu
Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2022, 02:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Shoutbox

May 15 2022 8:40pm
Hanna Barbera Montana: First look at Netflix's The Archies: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_x5BvWZavQ8

May 08 2022 5:02pm
Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Spaced Out!" from Cheryl Blossom #13: https://riverdalereviewed.wordpress.com/2022/05/08/comics-spaced-out/

May 07 2022 7:03pm
Tuxedo Mark: My review of "What a Nice Trip!" from Cheryl Blossom #13: https://riverdalereviewed.wordpress.com/2022/05/07/comics-what-a-nice-trip/

May 04 2022 10:59pm
stangoldberg4ever: Comics legend Neal Adams passed at age 80 (1941-2022)

May 03 2022 6:31pm
Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Wigged Out" from Cheryl Blossom #12: https://riverdalereviewed.wordpress.com/2022/05/03/comics-wigged-out/

May 02 2022 6:41am
Mr.Lodge: That's going to do alot for sales (Not)  :P

Apr 30 2022 1:31pm
DeCarlo Rules: I'm sure you must have noticed that the cover price of digests went up again, so it's the least they can do...

Apr 30 2022 1:30pm
DeCarlo Rules: Not sure if I counted three, or four months' worth of solicitations of digest where they all promise two new stories. Hopefully that becomes a regular thing now, unless they want to add a third story. But they didn't follow through with Archie Digest #329.

Apr 29 2022 10:51pm
Tuxedo Mark: The title "Poster Boy" as used in this story is a different meaning than the usual. It's referring to Archie trying to make (and post) a viral video. So he's a "poster boy".

What does your username stand for?

Started by Great Gazoo, April 08, 2016, 08:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 12:44:37 PM
My girlfriend and my Mom are the main ones who compare me to Midge. My girlfriend because she sees my digests all over the house and sometimes glances through them. Yes I will get her to be a fan someday. :) My Mom because she saw me grow up with Archie comics. To be honest I don't see it other than I have short dark hair. I am extremely short and Midge is not.


The original idea was that Moose is this hulking giant of a guy, and Midge is supposed to be petite. It just makes it look funnier that they're a couple if they're such physical opposites. That sort of got lost over the years, but it's inherent in her name, "Midge" (as in "midget"). If you don't believe it, look at Moose's previous girlfriend from the early 1950s -- the character from whom Midge essentially evolved. Her name was Lottie Little.

Midge Klump

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 23, 2016, 12:58:41 PM
Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 12:44:37 PM
My girlfriend and my Mom are the main ones who compare me to Midge. My girlfriend because she sees my digests all over the house and sometimes glances through them. Yes I will get her to be a fan someday. :) My Mom because she saw me grow up with Archie comics. To be honest I don't see it other than I have short dark hair. I am extremely short and Midge is not.


The original idea was that Moose is this hulking giant of a guy, and Midge is supposed to be petite. It just makes it look funnier that they're a couple if they're such physical opposites. That sort of got lost over the years, but it's inherent in her name, "Midge" (as in "midget"). If you don't believe it, look at Moose's previous girlfriend from the early 1950s -- the character from whom Midge essentially evolved. Her name was Lottie Little.
Than I even have more in common with Midge than I thought even though it really never transformed to the comic pages that she was really short. I guess next to Moose she is petite though.

DeCarlo Rules

Here's a couple of covers where the artist of this "New Look" take on Midge and Moose got the original concept right.



Midge Klump

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 23, 2016, 01:27:53 PM
Here's a couple of covers where the artist of this "New Look" take on Midge and Moose got the original concept right.



Yes I read those. Up against Moose she is tiny. Only Midge could love a face like Moose.

60sBettyandReggie

Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 01:34:15 PM
...Only Midge could love a face like Moose.


;D  I actually have always imagined Moose to be attractive, maybe not really handsome but he's not that bad looking, I don't think...

Midge Klump

Quote from: 60sBettyandReggie on June 23, 2016, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 01:34:15 PM
...Only Midge could love a face like Moose.


;D  I actually have always imagined Moose to be attractive, maybe not really handsome but he's not that bad looking, I don't think...
I think he is cute, but in this version and maybe it is just the scowl he has on his face but that isn't attractive to me. Now Midge on the other hand looks good.

60sBettyandReggie

Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: 60sBettyandReggie on June 23, 2016, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 01:34:15 PM
...Only Midge could love a face like Moose.


;D  I actually have always imagined Moose to be attractive, maybe not really handsome but he's not that bad looking, I don't think...
I think he is cute, but in this version and maybe it is just the scowl he has on his face but that isn't attractive to me. Now Midge on the other hand looks good.
Oh yeah. In Breakup Blues, the artist did him no favors.



Yikes!

Midge Klump

Quote from: 60sBettyandReggie on June 23, 2016, 02:32:54 PM
Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: 60sBettyandReggie on June 23, 2016, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Midge Klump on June 23, 2016, 01:34:15 PM
...Only Midge could love a face like Moose.


;D  I actually have always imagined Moose to be attractive, maybe not really handsome but he's not that bad looking, I don't think...
I think he is cute, but in this version and maybe it is just the scowl he has on his face but that isn't attractive to me. Now Midge on the other hand looks good.
Oh yeah. In Breakup Blues, the artist did him no favors.



Yikes!
Poor Moose

beatman10

Beatman10 is my username  because I have played drums professionally for over 30 years. So, you know which character is my favorite!!

DeCarlo Rules


The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.