• Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
July 03, 2020, 12:07:41 pm

News:

We're back! Unfortunately all data was lost. Please re-register to continue posting!


Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 03, 2020, 12:07:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Random Image

Recent Topics

Shoutbox

Jul 03 2020 2:15am
Oldiesmann: Layout has been fixed some and the duplicate date has been removed from the shoutbox

Jul 02 2020 9:18pm
archiecomicscollector: Katy Keene was canceled by The CW after one season.

Jul 02 2020 2:47am
Oldiesmann: Switched to a new portal so you might notice that the site layout is a bit different...

Jun 30 2020 3:21pm
Tuxedo Mark: Huh. It seems B&V Friends Jumbo Comics Digest is being renamed Betty and Veronica Best Friends Jumbo Comics Digest: https://archiecomics.com/september-2020-solicitations/ Just rolls off the tongue.

Jun 26 2020 8:34pm
Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Stranded in Paradise!" from Kevin Keller #3: https://riverdalereviewed.wordpress.com/2020/06/26/comics-stranded-in-paradise/

Jun 21 2020 9:07pm
Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Isn't It Bromantic?" from Veronica #202: https://riverdalereviewed.wordpress.com/2020/06/21/comics-isnt-it-bromantic/

Jun 20 2020 4:02pm
ASS-P: 2017 AND 2018.

Jun 20 2020 4:02pm
ASS-P: 201\ and 2p18, I meant!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 20 2020 4:01pm
ASS-P: .........2017 and

Jun 20 2020 4:00pm
ASS-P: 2p

What have you done today?

Started by BettyReggie, March 30, 2016, 06:55:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Archiecomicxfan215

Today I will be in Queens. My friend is going to  a Toys R Us to meet a wrestler at a meet and greet

BettyReggie

My Reggie & Betty came today from Fernando. It's awesome. I put it on my wall & posted pictures on twitter.

Archiecomicxfan215

Today I go back to work luckily I am calling out tomorrow because my high school friends who i see less,often now made plans to go bowling and invited me :smitten:

BettyReggie

August 20, 2016, 09:49:06 pm #363 Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:03:47 pm by BettyReggie
untitleduntitled2
Gabbie Gross did these for me, they are awesome. I can't wait to put them in my comic frames.

BettyReggie

August 21, 2016, 11:10:17 pm #364 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:38:06 am by BettyReggie
I colored in of my stress free coloring books before. I haven't done that in while. I used crayons.  Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow. I wish they made a Archie one. They would sell a lot. If I worked at Archie Comics I would suggest it.

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: BettyReggie on August 21, 2016, 11:10:17 pm
I colored in of my stress free coloring books before. I haven't done that in while. I used crayons.  Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow. I wish they made a Archie one. They would sell a lot. If I worked at Archie Comics I would suggest it.


The "coloring book variant" is the latest variant comic book cover trend. DC has already done a number of them, and Dynamite is starting to do them too. Here are a couple of Dynamite's coloring book variant covers from last month's solicitations: KISS #1 by Fernando Ruiz, and BETTY BOOP #1 by J. Bone. Of course, if you wanted to color these without altering the actual comic book, you could just print out the covers from the images, and color the copies you print. There are enough images of black and white comic book covers out there on the internet that you could print out a whole stack of drawings that you like, staple them together, and make your own coloring book.


DeCarlo Rules

August 22, 2016, 04:50:42 am #366 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:56:51 am by DeCarlo Rules
I was just fooling around with some pencil drawings I found online. The figures of Betty and Reggie came from separate cover variants that Dan Parent drew for ARCHIE #666. I saved both of those variant cover pencil sketches, opened them both up in Paint and cropped and erased the elements (background figures) in both images that I didn't want. Then I pasted the Betty figure and the Reggie figure into the same image. I noticed in both drawings that their hands were on their hips with their elbows sticking out, and I realized that if you overlapped the images, it looked like Betty and Reggie were arm-in-arm, so I did that, and erased the overlapping lines. This just turned out to be really fortuitous, because with the two separate figures lined up correctly according to height, the way that Dan drew them in the original pencil sketches, their eyes look as if they're looking right at each other! The original idea was to tone down the blacks here so that I'd have some light gray lines and I intended to print this out and ink it myself, and white-out the stray lines I hadn't already erased after inking it. That will take a while though, so I'll just show you what I've got so far. You can see a lot of broken lines where I had to erase stuff, but it's pretty clear for me to see where the ink lines need to go, so no big deal. Below that you can see the final covers those figures of Betty and Reggie came from, as they were printed in the final cover versions inked by Rich Koslowski.





BettyReggie

August 22, 2016, 07:40:24 am #367 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:38:23 am by BettyReggie
I would love to color that picture. I could probably print it from the library. I don't have a printer. I always thought Reggie looked good in yellow. His shirt would be yellow. He would have black pants.

60sBettyandReggie

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on August 22, 2016, 04:50:42 am
I was just fooling around with some pencil drawings I found online. The figures of Betty and Reggie came from separate cover variants that Dan Parent drew for ARCHIE #666. I saved both of those variant cover pencil sketches, opened them both up in Paint and cropped and erased the elements (background figures) in both images that I didn't want. Then I pasted the Betty figure and the Reggie figure into the same image. I noticed in both drawings that their hands were on their hips with their elbows sticking out, and I realized that if you overlapped the images, it looked like Betty and Reggie were arm-in-arm, so I did that, and erased the overlapping lines. This just turned out to be really fortuitous, because with the two separate figures lined up correctly according to height, the way that Dan drew them in the original pencil sketches, their eyes look as if they're looking right at each other! The original idea was to tone down the blacks here so that I'd have some light gray lines and I intended to print this out and ink it myself, and white-out the stray lines I hadn't already erased after inking it. That will take a while though, so I'll just show you what I've got so far. You can see a lot of broken lines where I had to erase stuff, but it's pretty clear for me to see where the ink lines need to go, so no big deal. Below that you can see the final covers those figures of Betty and Reggie came from, as they were printed in the final cover versions inked by Rich Koslowski.





Ooh, I like the end result!  :smitten:


@BettyReggie, this is Reggie we're talking about, he looks great in any color ;)
But yeah, a yellow shirt would be nice.

BettyReggie

Lazy day I read in my room & changed the comics in my frames. I have 2 books to pick up from the library. I have those receipts from KFC where you buy the soda & the meal is free. I have to do the survey first & write the code on the receipt.   

Archiecomicxfan215

So today i went to the Christmas Tree Shops and Target. Didnt buy anything but my dad got me cereal. It was fun to browse and look at the products. I had a turkey and cheese with lettuce, tomato, and mayo on a roll for lunch.

In one hour I am going to the gym. I am currently watching jeopardy

The Downloader

oh man!  I had a great day yesterday!  I got paid $40 for practically no work at all.  my mother is up in AK rn, so I'm with my friends from the 22nd to the 25th (9am each), and I'm having a great time!  cant really sleep that well though.  with that $40 I got about 215 gb of blank discs to burn some of my shows to.  also got some cd envelopes to put em in.  Also, its my brother's b-day on the 26th, so I got him two MLP card packs.  Just got back from maverick (its 3 am here when I got back, and got a mtn dew bitch black some munchies flaming hot nuts, and two small tootsie rolls.  it was great!  don't have much planned for later today, depends if I do chores or not.  if so, I'm going back to hastings.

The Downloader

Quote from: BettyReggie on August 20, 2016, 09:49:06 pm
untitleduntitled2
Gabbie Gross did these for me, they are awesome. I can't wait to put them in my comic frames.


how much did they cost?

The Downloader

Quote from: BettyReggie on August 23, 2016, 12:16:19 pm
Lazy day I read in my room & changed the comics in my frames. I have 2 books to pick up from the library. I have those receipts from KFC where you buy the soda & the meal is free. I have to do the survey first & write the code on the receipt.


wait... so your telling me, that if you buy a soda... u... get... A... free...meal?!

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: The Downloader on August 24, 2016, 06:28:08 am
Quote from: BettyReggie on August 23, 2016, 12:16:19 pm
Lazy day I read in my room & changed the comics in my frames. I have 2 books to pick up from the library. I have those receipts from KFC where you buy the soda & the meal is free. I have to do the survey first & write the code on the receipt.


wait... so your telling me, that if you buy a soda... u... get... A... free...meal?!


Well, when you buy stuff at a fast food place, when they print the reciept, you look on the back of it and sometimes they have this URL where you go and fill out a survey online, then they give you a coupon code. I've seen these on a number of different reciepts, although the exact offer usually varies somewhat.

The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.