• Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
May 06, 2021, 08:56:48 PM

News:

We're back! Unfortunately all data was lost. Please re-register to continue posting!


Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2021, 08:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Shoutbox

May 06 2021 10:41am
Tuxedo Mark: The newest Bite Sized Archie strip acknowledges the sliding timeline: https://archiecomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/BSA_21_Twitter-880x1024.jpg

May 02 2021 9:45pm
Tuxedo Mark: Ladies and gentlemen, Josie and the Pussycats! https://riverdalereviewed.com/2021/05/02/josie-and-the-pussycats-film/

Apr 30 2021 10:09am
DeCarlo Rules: Are the owners dead?  Who wants this woman put in prison for a felony change over a forgotten video tepe? The whole thing's insane. I sort of like her defense though -- "I would never watch anything like that, that proves I;m innocent".

Apr 29 2021 10:45am
Tuxedo Mark: The store went out of business years ago.

Apr 29 2021 10:03am
DeCarlo Rules: Just make her pay the store owners for the price of the tape and let it go.

Apr 29 2021 10:01am
DeCarlo Rules: So what, was the video store just charging her for a weekly rental fee every week since 1999 when it was overdue? That's why it's a felony, because the charges added up to thousands of dollars after all that time?

Apr 21 2021 11:14am
Tuxedo Mark: It might be a glitch, because all of the digests are now missing, and I'd just seen Archie Showcase Digest and World of Betty and Veronica Digest (and even read the new story in the latter).

Apr 21 2021 11:11am
Tuxedo Mark: Every issue of the Archie digest seems to be missing from the Kindle store.

Apr 21 2021 10:56am
Tuxedo Mark: They're reprinting Love Showdown yet again in the upcoming Archie Showcase Digest #3: https://www.amazon.com/Archie-Showcase-Digest-Love-Showdown-ebook/dp/B092R8CLX7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3T7F47I3RII9Q

ARCHIE COMICS FOR AUGUST 2017

Started by Oldiesmann, May 27, 2017, 12:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAGG


Quote from: BettyReggie on May 29, 2017, 09:34:42 PM
So if They either Kill Reggie or Betty, so we never see them again in Archie comic again right? I think it could be Betty. Because Archie looks like he is crying on the cover. He wouldn't cry over Reggie.


I certainly could see Archie crying over Reggie for one reason, if nothing else: Guilt about his role in his death....

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: SAGG on May 29, 2017, 09:55:59 PM

Quote from: BettyReggie on May 29, 2017, 09:34:42 PM
So if They either Kill Reggie or Betty, so we never see them again in Archie comic again right? I think it could be Betty. Because Archie looks like he is crying on the cover. He wouldn't cry over Reggie.


I certainly could see Archie crying over Reggie for one reason, if nothing else: Guilt about his role in his death....

Neither.

It seems like they had high hopes for a rebooted Reggie, which didn't pan out in terms of sales, if the quick demotion of his intended-to-be-ongoing series to a 5-issue miniseries is any indication. He's had a much larger role in JUGHEAD than I would have expected, so I doubt it.

If they killed off the NR version of Betty it would make no big difference to me -- the SJW version of Betty is tedious and boring, but then so is Veronica from what I've seen of her -- but I can't see that happening realistically either, as long as the prospect of a BETTY & VERONICA title remains a possibility, real or imaginary. Mostly the latter in the NR incarnation, it seems.

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on May 29, 2017, 03:04:51 AM
Now that I stop to consider it, I just realized that Dan Parent is now solely responsible for defining an entire genre of comics all by himself. He's currently being published in NINE different titles, and doing the writing, art and covers for all of them:

1.  ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST
2.  ARCHIE'S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST
3.  BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
4.  B & V FRIENDS DOUBLE DIGEST
5.  JUGHEAD & ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
6.  WORLD OF ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
7.  LIFE WITH KEVIN (digital only)
8.  YOUR PAL ARCHIE
9.  DIE KITTY DIE (AstroComix/Chapterhouse)

-- plus he still has a boatload of Kickstarter commissions to draw for the last DKD campaign. You could say he's "kind of busy" ... Now granted, none of those titles are monthly, and only a few of them have more than 5 pages + cover that he's responsible for. But even so, over the last year or so he's drawn 240 pages of digest stories plus 48 covers, 4 issues of LIFE WITH KEVIN plus covers, and 8 issues of DIE KITTY DIE plus covers (and is still working on Summer and Winter Specials for DKD).

Okay, he's even busier than I thought. Dan Parent is also doing the cover and some interior pages for HARVEY HITS #4 (to be published by JoeBooks in August), so that's 10 titles. Not sure if Dan had any stories in the previous 3 issues (HARVEY HITS #1 ships next week).



Vegan Jughead

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 07:22:48 AM
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on May 29, 2017, 03:04:51 AM
Now that I stop to consider it, I just realized that Dan Parent is now solely responsible for defining an entire genre of comics all by himself. He's currently being published in NINE different titles, and doing the writing, art and covers for all of them:

1.  ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST
2.  ARCHIE'S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST
3.  BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
4.  B & V FRIENDS DOUBLE DIGEST
5.  JUGHEAD & ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
6.  WORLD OF ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
7.  LIFE WITH KEVIN (digital only)
8.  YOUR PAL ARCHIE
9.  DIE KITTY DIE (AstroComix/Chapterhouse)

-- plus he still has a boatload of Kickstarter commissions to draw for the last DKD campaign. You could say he's "kind of busy" ... Now granted, none of those titles are monthly, and only a few of them have more than 5 pages + cover that he's responsible for. But even so, over the last year or so he's drawn 240 pages of digest stories plus 48 covers, 4 issues of LIFE WITH KEVIN plus covers, and 8 issues of DIE KITTY DIE plus covers (and is still working on Summer and Winter Specials for DKD).

Okay, he's even busier than I thought. Dan Parent is also doing the cover and some interior pages for HARVEY HITS #4 (to be published by JoeBooks in August), so that's 10 titles. Not sure if Dan had any stories in the previous 3 issues (HARVEY HITS #1 ships next week).




I didn't know he was doing interior pages but that rules!  I love this cover so much.  I told him his version of Hot Stuff is the best ever. 

DeCarlo Rules

The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft... actually, she looks a lot like Jellybean!

It's pretty obvious from his numerous parodies of them (DKD has more than a few) that Dan loves the Harvey Comics characters.

Fernando Ruiz

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 08:44:20 AM
The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft...


That's Little Audrey.






DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: Fernando Ruiz on June 06, 2017, 02:32:20 AM
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 08:44:20 AM
The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft...


That's Little Audrey.

I guess I should have figured that out by a process of elimination. On the other hand, Little Audrey's hair is normally colored more  of a reddish-brown, and her little bow is at the front, tying her upswept bangs. You have to admit it does look an awful lot like Jellybean as drawn by Dan.

ASS-P

September 29, 2017, 02:09:37 PM #22 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:16:17 PM by ASS-P
...I bought the Spidey one, and I migh :smiley6600: t very well buy this'n...But what's with this " collector's item " sh*t*? (Feeling Vertigo-esque ;) .) Are we really going back to the Nineties in this way, here? :knuppel2: :2funny: :(  This sort of thing was maybe cute on vintage Stan Lee house ad copy, but NOW? ??? ??? :tickedoff: ?  Reprint titles are generally of pretty minimum collectibility, anyway...Yeah, anyhows...AS IF there'd be enuff demanx for a 2nd printing! :idiot2: ;D

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: ASS-P on September 29, 2017, 02:09:37 PM
...I bought the Spidey one, and I migh :smiley6600: t very well buy this'n...

So what are the contents, generally speaking? I thought it would probably be reprints of Marvel's kids' line of comics from the last couple of decades or so, but didn't actually see one to flip through it.

ASS-P

...Each are more-or-less 50-50 divided between classic-era (Um. Pre-the late 80s/" grim & grittyy/kick-ass " setting in.) and, yes, kid's line - Adventures -  reprints from this century, I believe.

The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.