• Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
collapse

Random Image

PoorLittleRonnie6
PoorLittleRonnie6
Posted by: SAGG
Posted in album: SAGG

Search


Shoutbox

  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "It's Friendship" from Archie, No. 325: [link]
    July 20, 2019, 08:03:27 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: Thanks, but I don't buy the digests; I just read the new stories using Amazon's free preview.
    July 19, 2019, 10:17:04 am
  • DeCarlo Rules: @Tuxedo Mark -- I don't know why they aren't listed on Amazon, but ComiXology (which IS Amazon) has them. [link]
    July 18, 2019, 02:20:47 am
  • DeCarlo Rules: @Tuxedo Mark - Well, they came out in comic shops, but I guess that doesn't help you. If you've got a regular bookstore (or supermarket) somewhere nearby, they should have the digest, anyway.
    July 18, 2019, 02:17:24 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: Are Blossoms 666 #5 and Archie and Me Digest #19 out or not? I don't see even print copies on Amazon.
    July 17, 2019, 10:55:02 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Love Showdown": [link]
    July 12, 2019, 07:30:46 pm
  • ASS-P: Well, Starchie, guess thos lines on the side of your head have REALLY gone grey now:-( ~ Maybe you'll get sprung now:-)?
    July 12, 2019, 07:14:16 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: The Last Straw! ... [link]
    July 12, 2019, 04:23:12 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: And ICv2 interviews Dan Parent and Michael Uslan about the new miniseries HERE [link]
    July 12, 2019, 10:06:46 am
  • DeCarlo Rules: FIRST LOOK -- ARCHIE: THE MARRIED LIFE 10th Anniversary #1 (without dialogue, alas...)  [link]
    July 12, 2019, 09:37:34 am
  • DeCarlo Rules: Digital (ComiXology) is supposed to be same-day-&-date, but I wonder about that sometimes...
    July 12, 2019, 01:23:15 am
  • DeCarlo Rules: @Tuxedo Mark - ARCHIE AND ME #19 arrived in comic shops on July 10th (if you subscribe, your copy may be running late).  BLOSSOMS 666 #5 will be in comic shops on July 17th.
    July 12, 2019, 01:20:36 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: And Archie and Me #19?
    July 11, 2019, 03:58:22 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: Has Blossoms 666 #5 been delayed? It was supposed to come out yesterday, but I can't find it on Amazon.
    July 11, 2019, 03:45:02 pm
  • Oldiesmann: Spam has been cleaned up again. It's nice that I can delete all of someone's posts and their account all at once...
    July 10, 2019, 12:50:07 am
  • rusty: So spammers are now posting sports stories instead of about kitchens? Interesting.
    July 09, 2019, 04:47:01 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Snob Hill" from Archie's Pals 'n' Gals, No. 161: [link]
    July 06, 2019, 10:35:22 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: I've been re-reading THE MARRIED LIFE, and suddenly realized that Veronica had a happier life in the Betty-verse, and Betty had a happier life in the Veronica-verse. Archie's life was mostly miserable in either universe. Just like reality... or at least, reality-TV.
    July 05, 2019, 06:04:32 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: I review the "Archie's Weird Mysteries" episode, "Attack of the 50-Foot Veronica": [link]
    July 01, 2019, 10:14:28 pm
  • Mr.Lodge: The covers for these digests by Parent and the Kennedys look like they were drawn by 5 year olds.....
    June 28, 2019, 05:15:49 am

ARCHIE COMICS FOR AUGUST 2017

Started by Oldiesmann, May 27, 2017, 12:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SAGG


Quote from: BettyReggie on May 29, 2017, 09:34:42 pm
So if They either Kill Reggie or Betty, so we never see them again in Archie comic again right? I think it could be Betty. Because Archie looks like he is crying on the cover. He wouldn't cry over Reggie.



I certainly could see Archie crying over Reggie for one reason, if nothing else: Guilt about his role in his death....

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: SAGG on May 29, 2017, 09:55:59 pm

Quote from: BettyReggie on May 29, 2017, 09:34:42 pm
So if They either Kill Reggie or Betty, so we never see them again in Archie comic again right? I think it could be Betty. Because Archie looks like he is crying on the cover. He wouldn't cry over Reggie.



I certainly could see Archie crying over Reggie for one reason, if nothing else: Guilt about his role in his death....


Neither.

It seems like they had high hopes for a rebooted Reggie, which didn't pan out in terms of sales, if the quick demotion of his intended-to-be-ongoing series to a 5-issue miniseries is any indication. He's had a much larger role in JUGHEAD than I would have expected, so I doubt it.

If they killed off the NR version of Betty it would make no big difference to me -- the SJW version of Betty is tedious and boring, but then so is Veronica from what I've seen of her -- but I can't see that happening realistically either, as long as the prospect of a BETTY & VERONICA title remains a possibility, real or imaginary. Mostly the latter in the NR incarnation, it seems.

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on May 29, 2017, 03:04:51 am
Now that I stop to consider it, I just realized that Dan Parent is now solely responsible for defining an entire genre of comics all by himself. He's currently being published in NINE different titles, and doing the writing, art and covers for all of them:

1.  ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST
2.  ARCHIE'S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST
3.  BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
4.  B & V FRIENDS DOUBLE DIGEST
5.  JUGHEAD & ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
6.  WORLD OF ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
7.  LIFE WITH KEVIN (digital only)
8.  YOUR PAL ARCHIE
9.  DIE KITTY DIE (AstroComix/Chapterhouse)

-- plus he still has a boatload of Kickstarter commissions to draw for the last DKD campaign. You could say he's "kind of busy" ... Now granted, none of those titles are monthly, and only a few of them have more than 5 pages + cover that he's responsible for. But even so, over the last year or so he's drawn 240 pages of digest stories plus 48 covers, 4 issues of LIFE WITH KEVIN plus covers, and 8 issues of DIE KITTY DIE plus covers (and is still working on Summer and Winter Specials for DKD).


Okay, he's even busier than I thought. Dan Parent is also doing the cover and some interior pages for HARVEY HITS #4 (to be published by JoeBooks in August), so that's 10 titles. Not sure if Dan had any stories in the previous 3 issues (HARVEY HITS #1 ships next week).



Vegan Jughead

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 07:22:48 am
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on May 29, 2017, 03:04:51 am
Now that I stop to consider it, I just realized that Dan Parent is now solely responsible for defining an entire genre of comics all by himself. He's currently being published in NINE different titles, and doing the writing, art and covers for all of them:

1.  ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST
2.  ARCHIE'S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST
3.  BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
4.  B & V FRIENDS DOUBLE DIGEST
5.  JUGHEAD & ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
6.  WORLD OF ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
7.  LIFE WITH KEVIN (digital only)
8.  YOUR PAL ARCHIE
9.  DIE KITTY DIE (AstroComix/Chapterhouse)

-- plus he still has a boatload of Kickstarter commissions to draw for the last DKD campaign. You could say he's "kind of busy" ... Now granted, none of those titles are monthly, and only a few of them have more than 5 pages + cover that he's responsible for. But even so, over the last year or so he's drawn 240 pages of digest stories plus 48 covers, 4 issues of LIFE WITH KEVIN plus covers, and 8 issues of DIE KITTY DIE plus covers (and is still working on Summer and Winter Specials for DKD).


Okay, he's even busier than I thought. Dan Parent is also doing the cover and some interior pages for HARVEY HITS #4 (to be published by JoeBooks in August), so that's 10 titles. Not sure if Dan had any stories in the previous 3 issues (HARVEY HITS #1 ships next week).





I didn't know he was doing interior pages but that rules!  I love this cover so much.  I told him his version of Hot Stuff is the best ever. 

DeCarlo Rules

The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft... actually, she looks a lot like Jellybean!

It's pretty obvious from his numerous parodies of them (DKD has more than a few) that Dan loves the Harvey Comics characters.

Fernando Ruiz

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 08:44:20 am
The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft...



That's Little Audrey.






DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: Fernando Ruiz on June 06, 2017, 02:32:20 am
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 08:44:20 am
The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft...



That's Little Audrey.


I guess I should have figured that out by a process of elimination. On the other hand, Little Audrey's hair is normally colored more  of a reddish-brown, and her little bow is at the front, tying her upswept bangs. You have to admit it does look an awful lot like Jellybean as drawn by Dan.

ASS-P

September 29, 2017, 02:09:37 pm #22 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:16:17 pm by ASS-P
...I bought the Spidey one, and I migh :smiley6600: t very well buy this'n...But what's with this " collector's item " sh*t*? (Feeling Vertigo-esque ;) .) Are we really going back to the Nineties in this way, here? :knuppel2: :2funny: :(  This sort of thing was maybe cute on vintage Stan Lee house ad copy, but NOW? ??? ??? :tickedoff: ?  Reprint titles are generally of pretty minimum collectibility, anyway...Yeah, anyhows...AS IF there'd be enuff demanx for a 2nd printing! :idiot2: ;D

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: ASS-P on September 29, 2017, 02:09:37 pm
...I bought the Spidey one, and I migh :smiley6600: t very well buy this'n...


So what are the contents, generally speaking? I thought it would probably be reprints of Marvel's kids' line of comics from the last couple of decades or so, but didn't actually see one to flip through it.

ASS-P

...Each are more-or-less 50-50 divided between classic-era (Um. Pre-the late 80s/" grim & grittyy/kick-ass " setting in.) and, yes, kid's line - Adventures -  reprints from this century, I believe.


The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.