• Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
December 10, 2019, 09:54:22 am

News:

Welcome! Please pardon the dust as we work to set the site up again :)


collapse

Random Image

MirrorMirror3
MirrorMirror3
Posted by: SAGG
Posted in album: SAGG

Search


Recent Topics

Re: Riverdale Reviewed by Tuxedo Mark
[December 08, 2019, 06:27:02 pm]


Re: Change settings? by DeCarlo Rules
[December 07, 2019, 05:26:17 am]


Re: SENTIMENTAL MOMENTS WITH ARCHIE COMICS. by Bluto
[December 03, 2019, 09:29:58 am]


Re: Posts way down. by Shuester
[November 29, 2019, 11:50:40 pm]


Re: Latest Hauls, what did you buy? by rusty
[November 20, 2019, 11:44:53 am]


Printer Driver Software by Brandytasir
[November 18, 2019, 11:11:00 am]


Car Photo (HD) by Brandytasir
[November 18, 2019, 11:08:00 am]


Re: New here by Tuxedo Mark
[November 17, 2019, 08:12:52 am]


Re: Archie - The Married Life - 10th Anniversary - Opinions? by DeCarlo Rules
[November 07, 2019, 12:21:29 am]


Re: Super7 Figures by DeCarlo Rules
[November 06, 2019, 07:59:22 am]

Shoutbox

  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Archie's Holiday Fun Scrapbook" from Archie's Holiday Fun Digest, No. 12" [link]
    December 08, 2019, 06:27:45 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My reviews of "Photo Finish" [link] and "Hotshot Friend" [link] from Betty and Veronica Digest, No. 177.
    November 26, 2019, 08:23:14 pm
  • ASS-P: Briefly - There were none.
    November 26, 2019, 07:18:28 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: My reviews of "Drop The Shopping" [link] and "Rerun Fun?" [link] from Betty and Veronica Digest, No. 176
    November 25, 2019, 11:10:54 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: My reviews of "Drop The Shopping" [link] and Rerun Fun"
    November 25, 2019, 11:09:54 am
  • ASS-P: I'm standing across from s Safeway, I'm a-going to go in and see if they have any Archie digests...
    November 22, 2019, 02:39:05 pm
  • rusty: Both digests are out.  I don't have them yet because I get my comics monthly, but they are listed in my next shipment from Mycomicshop which means they have them in stock.
    November 21, 2019, 05:57:11 pm
  • Mr.Lodge: What happened to "Archie Jumbo Comics Digest #304" and "World of Archie Jumbo Comics Digest #94"? Not out yet?
    November 20, 2019, 05:30:30 pm
  • Mr.Lodge: Get lost you fucking spammer.....
    November 18, 2019, 04:17:51 pm
  • Brandytasir: if you need more car picture [link]
    November 18, 2019, 11:05:06 am
  • Brandytasir: printer driver download [link]
    November 18, 2019, 11:04:35 am
  • Brandytasir: hello
    November 18, 2019, 11:03:38 am
  • Fernando Ruiz: I don't know where the idea originated for the "Archie meets Archie" story. I know one day Victor Gorelick gave me the assignment to write a story where the current Archie meets the first appearance Archie. It was going to be for a digest celebrating whatever anniversary they were celebrating. That.
    November 17, 2019, 02:47:30 am
  • Mr.Lodge: The first batch of "Memory Lane" stories were the best but were never given the chance to "conclude" properly. The 10th Anniversary one are total crap.....
    November 16, 2019, 06:10:50 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: @Fernando Ruiz I never heard that before! Good to know! :)
    November 16, 2019, 06:08:57 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: Nice to establish that. I forgot about that Twilight Zone episode! But of course, the phrase "a stroll down Memory Lane" is a familiar euphemism, so TZ took that as a literal plot device. The Memory Lane stories were the beginning of a fertile period for ACP, idea-wise.
    November 16, 2019, 05:05:30 am
  • Fernando Ruiz: Responding to the comments for the "When Archie Meets Archie" review, the idea for "Memory Lane" was mine. I borrowed it from an old Twilight Zone episode and thought it was a nice convenient device for the story.
    November 15, 2019, 10:23:33 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "When Archie Meets Archie..." [link] "The Late Great Veronica!" [link] and "2 For 1 Sale!" [link]
    November 09, 2019, 06:19:36 pm
  • Mr.Lodge: Have these meatheads provide their email address and send them an email to confirm their identity - may help.
    November 08, 2019, 01:56:14 am
  • DeCarlo Rules: Is ARCHIE AND ME digest ending with #23 later this month? It doesn't appear on the list of digest titles in the most recent subscription ads from this month...
    November 07, 2019, 01:50:15 am

ARCHIE COMICS FOR AUGUST 2017

Started by Oldiesmann, May 27, 2017, 12:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SAGG


Quote from: BettyReggie on May 29, 2017, 09:34:42 pm
So if They either Kill Reggie or Betty, so we never see them again in Archie comic again right? I think it could be Betty. Because Archie looks like he is crying on the cover. He wouldn't cry over Reggie.



I certainly could see Archie crying over Reggie for one reason, if nothing else: Guilt about his role in his death....

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: SAGG on May 29, 2017, 09:55:59 pm

Quote from: BettyReggie on May 29, 2017, 09:34:42 pm
So if They either Kill Reggie or Betty, so we never see them again in Archie comic again right? I think it could be Betty. Because Archie looks like he is crying on the cover. He wouldn't cry over Reggie.



I certainly could see Archie crying over Reggie for one reason, if nothing else: Guilt about his role in his death....


Neither.

It seems like they had high hopes for a rebooted Reggie, which didn't pan out in terms of sales, if the quick demotion of his intended-to-be-ongoing series to a 5-issue miniseries is any indication. He's had a much larger role in JUGHEAD than I would have expected, so I doubt it.

If they killed off the NR version of Betty it would make no big difference to me -- the SJW version of Betty is tedious and boring, but then so is Veronica from what I've seen of her -- but I can't see that happening realistically either, as long as the prospect of a BETTY & VERONICA title remains a possibility, real or imaginary. Mostly the latter in the NR incarnation, it seems.

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on May 29, 2017, 03:04:51 am
Now that I stop to consider it, I just realized that Dan Parent is now solely responsible for defining an entire genre of comics all by himself. He's currently being published in NINE different titles, and doing the writing, art and covers for all of them:

1.  ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST
2.  ARCHIE'S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST
3.  BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
4.  B & V FRIENDS DOUBLE DIGEST
5.  JUGHEAD & ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
6.  WORLD OF ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
7.  LIFE WITH KEVIN (digital only)
8.  YOUR PAL ARCHIE
9.  DIE KITTY DIE (AstroComix/Chapterhouse)

-- plus he still has a boatload of Kickstarter commissions to draw for the last DKD campaign. You could say he's "kind of busy" ... Now granted, none of those titles are monthly, and only a few of them have more than 5 pages + cover that he's responsible for. But even so, over the last year or so he's drawn 240 pages of digest stories plus 48 covers, 4 issues of LIFE WITH KEVIN plus covers, and 8 issues of DIE KITTY DIE plus covers (and is still working on Summer and Winter Specials for DKD).


Okay, he's even busier than I thought. Dan Parent is also doing the cover and some interior pages for HARVEY HITS #4 (to be published by JoeBooks in August), so that's 10 titles. Not sure if Dan had any stories in the previous 3 issues (HARVEY HITS #1 ships next week).



Vegan Jughead

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 07:22:48 am
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on May 29, 2017, 03:04:51 am
Now that I stop to consider it, I just realized that Dan Parent is now solely responsible for defining an entire genre of comics all by himself. He's currently being published in NINE different titles, and doing the writing, art and covers for all of them:

1.  ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST
2.  ARCHIE'S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST
3.  BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
4.  B & V FRIENDS DOUBLE DIGEST
5.  JUGHEAD & ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
6.  WORLD OF ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
7.  LIFE WITH KEVIN (digital only)
8.  YOUR PAL ARCHIE
9.  DIE KITTY DIE (AstroComix/Chapterhouse)

-- plus he still has a boatload of Kickstarter commissions to draw for the last DKD campaign. You could say he's "kind of busy" ... Now granted, none of those titles are monthly, and only a few of them have more than 5 pages + cover that he's responsible for. But even so, over the last year or so he's drawn 240 pages of digest stories plus 48 covers, 4 issues of LIFE WITH KEVIN plus covers, and 8 issues of DIE KITTY DIE plus covers (and is still working on Summer and Winter Specials for DKD).


Okay, he's even busier than I thought. Dan Parent is also doing the cover and some interior pages for HARVEY HITS #4 (to be published by JoeBooks in August), so that's 10 titles. Not sure if Dan had any stories in the previous 3 issues (HARVEY HITS #1 ships next week).





I didn't know he was doing interior pages but that rules!  I love this cover so much.  I told him his version of Hot Stuff is the best ever. 

DeCarlo Rules

The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft... actually, she looks a lot like Jellybean!

It's pretty obvious from his numerous parodies of them (DKD has more than a few) that Dan loves the Harvey Comics characters.

Fernando Ruiz

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 08:44:20 am
The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft...



That's Little Audrey.






DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: Fernando Ruiz on June 06, 2017, 02:32:20 am
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on June 01, 2017, 08:44:20 am
The only character on that cover I don't recognize is the little girl with brown hair and a topknot wearing a purple swimsuit on a purple raft...



That's Little Audrey.


I guess I should have figured that out by a process of elimination. On the other hand, Little Audrey's hair is normally colored more  of a reddish-brown, and her little bow is at the front, tying her upswept bangs. You have to admit it does look an awful lot like Jellybean as drawn by Dan.

ASS-P

September 29, 2017, 02:09:37 pm #22 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:16:17 pm by ASS-P
...I bought the Spidey one, and I migh :smiley6600: t very well buy this'n...But what's with this " collector's item " sh*t*? (Feeling Vertigo-esque ;) .) Are we really going back to the Nineties in this way, here? :knuppel2: :2funny: :(  This sort of thing was maybe cute on vintage Stan Lee house ad copy, but NOW? ??? ??? :tickedoff: ?  Reprint titles are generally of pretty minimum collectibility, anyway...Yeah, anyhows...AS IF there'd be enuff demanx for a 2nd printing! :idiot2: ;D

DeCarlo Rules

Quote from: ASS-P on September 29, 2017, 02:09:37 pm
...I bought the Spidey one, and I migh :smiley6600: t very well buy this'n...


So what are the contents, generally speaking? I thought it would probably be reprints of Marvel's kids' line of comics from the last couple of decades or so, but didn't actually see one to flip through it.

ASS-P

...Each are more-or-less 50-50 divided between classic-era (Um. Pre-the late 80s/" grim & grittyy/kick-ass " setting in.) and, yes, kid's line - Adventures -  reprints from this century, I believe.


The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.