• Welcome to Archie Comics Fan Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
collapse

Random Image

Jason
Jason
Posted by: Thrillho
Posted in album: Thrillho

Search


Recent Topics

Re: ARCHIE COMICS FOR JUNE 2019 by Oldiesmann
[Today at 12:40:26 am]


Re: Lucy Hale cast as Katy Keene in Riverdale spin-off pilot by DeCarlo Rules
[March 24, 2019, 09:55:34 am]


Re: Is It Just Me.... by DeCarlo Rules
[March 24, 2019, 01:27:02 am]


Re: Riverdale Reviewed by Tuxedo Mark
[March 23, 2019, 10:03:44 pm]


Re: What are you currently watching? by Mefford
[March 23, 2019, 07:37:17 am]


Re: Jughead in Twysting Hearts by PTF
[March 14, 2019, 03:33:43 pm]


Archie in Good Fences by PTF
[March 14, 2019, 03:32:03 pm]


Re: What have you done today? by Archiecomicxfan215
[March 13, 2019, 09:54:40 pm]


Re: Snotgirl #1 by DeCarlo Rules
[March 06, 2019, 08:12:29 am]


Re: ARCHIE COMICS FOR MAY 2019 by DeCarlo Rules
[March 04, 2019, 03:39:52 pm]

Shoutbox

  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "We Need to Talk About Kevin" from Riverdale, No. 4: [link]
    March 23, 2019, 10:04:16 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "The New Archies" series finale, "Horray for Hollywood": [link]
    March 16, 2019, 10:59:51 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Winter" from Betty and Veronica, Vol. 4, No. 3: [link]
    March 09, 2019, 10:16:45 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: You could say that Beverly Hills 90210 was the "Riverdale" of its time -- '80s style,
    March 04, 2019, 03:31:12 pm
  • Archiecomicxfan215: R.I.P Luke Perry
    March 04, 2019, 03:09:34 pm
  • Mr.Lodge: Beverly Hills 90210 Star Luke Perry Dead at 52 from Massive Stroke
    March 04, 2019, 02:53:50 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: So let me see if I've got this right... The confusingly-titled Archie: The Married Life 10th Anniversary is NOT a sequel to any part of the 37-issue run of "The Married Life" in Life With Archie Magazine. But it IS a sequel (10 years on ) to ARCHIE #600 to 606, "Archie Marries".
    March 04, 2019, 02:00:25 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: Ironically Dan Parent was not really involved with the LIFE WITH ARCHIE series at all although he did do ARCHIE #606, the epilogue to "Archie Marries". It's a little confusing now, since this new series is yet another parallel universe where Archie Andrews didn't die... or maybe two of them.
    March 03, 2019, 01:19:06 pm
  • DeCarlo Rules: After Archie Meets Batman '66, I was wondering whether that was it for long-form classic Archie stories. So it's nice to see The Married Life again, even if it's only a 6-issue epilogue.
    March 03, 2019, 01:16:09 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "The New Archies": "Take My Butler, Please": [link]
    March 02, 2019, 10:55:11 pm
  • Mr.Lodge: Per [link] - Archie: The Married Life 10th Anniversary #1 (of 6) lands in stores in August.
    March 01, 2019, 03:18:05 am
  • Mr.Lodge: Per Yahoo! - Luke Perry hospitalized after suffering a 'massive stroke,' according to reports
    March 01, 2019, 03:12:29 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "It's in Her Kiss" from Cheryl Blossom, No. 23: [link]
    February 24, 2019, 07:22:08 pm
  • Vegan Jughead: Happy Birthday BettyReggie!
    February 18, 2019, 07:40:11 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Taking Care of Business" from B&V #257: [link]
    February 17, 2019, 09:14:58 am
  • archiecomicscollector: Icon Heroes just announced Riverdale and Sabrina figures will debut later this year.
    February 15, 2019, 08:23:37 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Fall" from Betty and Veronica, Vol. 4, No. 2: [link]
    February 09, 2019, 10:04:42 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Faith, Hope and Cheryl!" from Cheryl Blossom Special, No. 2: [link]
    February 07, 2019, 08:32:08 pm
  • Tuxedo Mark: Congrats to Riverdale on its renewal! :)
    February 02, 2019, 09:03:31 am
  • Tuxedo Mark: My review of "Brotherly Love" from Cheryl Blossom, No. 22: [link]
    January 26, 2019, 10:10:27 am

My mixed thought about Cosmo and Archie Action Brand

Started by terrence12, October 18, 2017, 02:40:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

terrence12

When I read Archie Comics solicitations for January 2018 ,One of the upcoming comics for Archie:Actions ( former home of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series) is COSMO a reboot of the short lived funny sci fi Archie comic from the 1950's and I have Mixed feelings about this.You see The positive side in me thinks that reviving an old but almost forgotten funny science fiction comic is great with new designs and a bit of adventure in it's theme and it will be aimed for young and old audience alike along with the reprints of the classic archie comics.But the negative side in me told me that this will be the only product in Archie Actions brand and that is considered a problem how will readers sell this only product  in that line,Archie comics should have at least make new titles for the Archie Actions brand before releasing Cosmo for 2018,I mean even if it gets positive review the sales will be low and it will be cancelled. The only way to prevent it is to have Archie Action brand be rebranded as a family brand and maybe revive  few titles aimed for both young and old audience rather than  the now teen focussed archie brand like Little Archie and Lil Jinx (the original) with maybe some original titles based or not based on any archie property and let Cosmo be a part of that line.
Or Maybe have Archie comics make a family brand with maybe the  revived Little Archie and lil Jinx (original) with family friendly Archie titles  and let Cosmo migrate in that new brand  since the design is childish and cartoonic.While the Archie Action brand will be rebranded and aimed for teen audience which will consist of the revival  of old archie action/adventure properties like Super Teens,The Man from R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E and Archie the Barbarian along with maybe the original action/adventure series based on any archie property or let the Archie Action brand be dead.

DeCarlo Rules

October 18, 2017, 04:14:05 am #1 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:30:02 am by DeCarlo Rules
Apart from the reprint digests, just about EVERY Archie Comics brand (or imprint) has only one or two ongoing titles.

Riverdale TV series:
RIVERDALE

New Riverdale:
ARCHIE
THE ARCHIES


Archie Horror: (but they only come out with a one or two issues a year... which is stretching the definition of an "ongoing title")
AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE
CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA
JUGHEAD: THE HUNGER
(*hasn't even come out yet, so hard to say if it'll be "ongoing" or not)

All-New Classic Archie:
YOUR PAL ARCHIE (not really an "ongoing" anyway)

Archie Alterniverse: (there's no real imprint for this one, so I just made one up)
BETTY & VERONICA: VIXENS (*hasn't even come out yet, so hard to say if it'll be "ongoing" or not)

Dark Circle:
THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS

Archie Action:
COSMO

Also, even though there might nominally be 3 "ongoing" titles (such as that is, for titles which rarely produce a new issue every 6 months or so) under the Archie Horror imprint, none of those titles take place in the same universe. You might also say that it's debateable as to whether even ARCHIE and THE ARCHIES are taking place in the same "universe".

So really, that's all Archie Comics publishes -- a bunch of different stand-alone comics which are independent and self-contained, and not related to any other titles.

*And by that I mean -- REGGIE AND ME was intended to be an ongoing title, but low preorders on the first couple of issues nixed that idea pretty fast, and it was downgraded to a 5-issue miniseries. That could happen to ANY of these announced-as-ongoing titles. Poor sales would result in turning it into a one-story-arc-only limited series, just enough to make up one trade collection.

terrence12

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on October 18, 2017, 04:14:05 am
Apart from the reprint digests, just about EVERY Archie Comics brand (or imprint) has only one or two ongoing titles.
Riverdale TV series:
RIVERDALE
New Riverdale:
ARCHIE
THE ARCHIES
Archie Horror: (but they only come out with a one or two issues a year... which is stretching the definition of an "ongoing title")
AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE
CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA
JUGHEAD: THE HUNGER (*hasn't even come out yet, so hard to say if it'll be "ongoing" or not)
All-New Classic Archie:
YOUR PAL ARCHIE (not really an "ongoing" anyway)
Archie Alterniverse: (there's no real imprint for this one, so I just made one up)
BETTY & VERONICA: VIXENS (*hasn't even come out yet, so hard to say if it'll be "ongoing" or not)
Dark Circle:
THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS
Archie Action:
COSMO
Also, even though there might nominally be 3 "ongoing" titles (such as that is, for titles which rarely produce a new issue every 6 months or so) under the Archie Horror imprint, none of those titles take place in the same universe. You might also say that it's debateable as to whether even ARCHIE and THE ARCHIES are taking place in the same "universe".
So really, that's all Archie Comics publishes -- a bunch of different stand-alone comics which are independent and self-contained, and not related to any other titles.
*And by that I mean -- REGGIE AND ME was intended to be an ongoing title, but low preorders on the first couple of issues nixed that idea pretty fast, and it was downgraded to a 5-issue miniseries. That could happen to ANY of these announced-as-ongoing titles. Poor sales would result in turning it into a one-story-arc-only limited series, just enough to make up one trade collection.

Woah! You're not kidding. it's like there is only one book in each brands though some of the brands have 2 or 3 books  especially that I think that Archie horror should be a sub brand to the Archie Alterniverse (which you called it ) since it takes place in the horror version of the Archie universe  and I thought the Dark circle title will be ongoing but instead there is only the revived Mighty crusaders
But what makes you think that 'Your pal archie' will no longer be ongoing and what ever happened to Life with kevin?
But still if this type of process continues sales will be low and this will cause the company to decline or go into bankruptcy even though their first live action show Riverdale is mildly popular and the only hope is that they should sell the company to IDW or maybe DC comics itself since it's parent company Warner Bros produce the Riverdale TV show.

Vegan Jughead

Quote from: terrence12 on October 18, 2017, 12:48:11 pm
Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on October 18, 2017, 04:14:05 am
Apart from the reprint digests, just about EVERY Archie Comics brand (or imprint) has only one or two ongoing titles.
Riverdale TV series:
RIVERDALE
New Riverdale:
ARCHIE
THE ARCHIES
Archie Horror: (but they only come out with a one or two issues a year... which is stretching the definition of an "ongoing title")
AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE
CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA
JUGHEAD: THE HUNGER (*hasn't even come out yet, so hard to say if it'll be "ongoing" or not)
All-New Classic Archie:
YOUR PAL ARCHIE (not really an "ongoing" anyway)
Archie Alterniverse: (there's no real imprint for this one, so I just made one up)
BETTY & VERONICA: VIXENS (*hasn't even come out yet, so hard to say if it'll be "ongoing" or not)
Dark Circle:
THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS
Archie Action:
COSMO
Also, even though there might nominally be 3 "ongoing" titles (such as that is, for titles which rarely produce a new issue every 6 months or so) under the Archie Horror imprint, none of those titles take place in the same universe. You might also say that it's debateable as to whether even ARCHIE and THE ARCHIES are taking place in the same "universe".
So really, that's all Archie Comics publishes -- a bunch of different stand-alone comics which are independent and self-contained, and not related to any other titles.
*And by that I mean -- REGGIE AND ME was intended to be an ongoing title, but low preorders on the first couple of issues nixed that idea pretty fast, and it was downgraded to a 5-issue miniseries. That could happen to ANY of these announced-as-ongoing titles. Poor sales would result in turning it into a one-story-arc-only limited series, just enough to make up one trade collection.

Woah! You're not kidding. it's like there is only one book in each brands though some of the brands have 2 or 3 books  especially that I think that Archie horror should be a sub brand to the Archie Alterniverse (which you called it ) since it takes place in the horror version of the Archie universe  and I thought the Dark circle title will be ongoing but instead there is only the revived Mighty crusaders
But what makes you think that 'Your pal archie' will no longer be ongoing and what ever happened to Life with kevin?
But still if this type of process continues sales will be low and this will cause the company to decline or go into bankruptcy even though their first live action show Riverdale is mildly popular and the only hope is that they should sell the company to IDW or maybe DC comics itself since it's parent company Warner Bros produce the Riverdale TV show.




Terrence, always with the bankruptcy talk.  I agree the publishing side isn't doing that well mainly because they dropped the ball on the horror titles which were by far their sellers.


However, RIVERDALE is no longer "mildly popular".  Currently, at least, it's getting really popular thanks to Netflix and a new interest being taken by teenagers. 


https://www.theringer.com/tv/2017/10/18/16492324/riverdale-season-2-teen-phenomenon

terrence12

Quote from: Vegan Jughead on October 18, 2017, 12:54:54 pm
Terrence, always with the bankruptcy talk.  I agree the publishing side isn't doing that well mainly because they dropped the ball on the horror titles which were by far their sellers.


Sorry, it's just I didn't hate Archie comics, It's just I am worried about it's future in these sort of conditions.
Quote from: Vegan Jughead on October 18, 2017, 12:54:54 pm
However, RIVERDALE is no longer "mildly popular".  Currently, at least, it's getting really popular thanks to Netflix and a new interest being taken by teenagers.
https://www.theringer.com/tv/2017/10/18/16492324/riverdale-season-2-teen-phenomenon

Good point

DeCarlo Rules

If you think about it, the only titles that have been around longer than 5 issues (1 story arc) are ARCHIE, AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE, CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA, and RIVERDALE. That's only four, and all of the others are "newbies" that may or may not be around a year or two after their first issue.

terrence12

Quote from: DeCarlo Rules on October 19, 2017, 12:38:32 am
If you think about it, the only titles that have been around longer than 5 issues (1 story arc) are ARCHIE, AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE, CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA, and RIVERDALE. That's only four, and all of the others are "newbies" that may or may not be around a year or two after their first issue.



Yeah,I agree


The Archie character names and likenesses are covered by the registered trademarks/copyrights of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. and are used with permission by this site. The Official Archie Comics website can be visited at www.archiecomics.com.